Jul 9, 2012

car show suggestions

I really like small town, main street car shows. The whole community comes out and has a good time. I've participated in two so far this summer and i've come up with a few suggestions that i think would improve shows for everyone.
1. Update the music selection, I'm sick of 50's tunes. Play stuff that younger people (under 50) want to hear.
2. Don't charge a fee to the guys putting cars in your show (isn't this obvious?)
3. Change or discard the whole voting / winner selection thing. Hardly anyone votes anyways
4. Don't invite the cops, or at least ask them to cut some slack
5. Door prizes are cool but i don't need any more wax thanks
6. Weed out guys putting in there daily driver chrysler lebaron that they are just trying to sell
7. Put on a show, like maybe a funny car starting up and doing a burnout or something to grab everyones attention, especially the kids.

If you have any more car show tips send them to me and maybe i'll post them up. I've also made some good progress on the sleeper stang project. I've raced three guys and gotten beat three times. I need to lower my sights. The car actually runs pretty decent and sounds real good. I've had to upgrade the fuel system and I also stuck in a higher stall speed convertor. I've now come to the conclusion that it needs less gear. I've found a set of 3.55's that i hope to buy and get in before i go to the track. I've had it at the two shows and nobody even gives it a second look, Mission Accomplished!! Thats what a sleeper is supposed to do. Only like 2 guys have looked at the motor and figured out that something didn't look right!  It also has a mostly complete interior with a back seat so i can take the whole family to shows. I've got a video on youtube of the engine running on the stand from this winter and now i also have a video of the car running and driving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0Nsjf-tzY&feature=g-all-u

check it out and leave a comment. Thanks to my hotrodder buddy Brock for making these video's.
brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is what readers have to say: