Mar 19, 2012

Spring is on the way!

  This time of year really gets hotrodders gears turning. There is nothing like the feeling of sneaking out to the nearest stretch of dry pavement to test out all the winter modifications. Its also completly necessary to burn off the hard crust of outer rubber that forms on racing tires over the winter! The biggest decision yet to make is how soon do i renew my liscence plates and is last years race gas in my tank gonna still be ok? Sure .... let er rip!! Its also this time of year when my phone starts working again. I'm sure the thing has been broken all winter! Guys start looking for parts for stock cars, demo cars, off road trucks, race cars and hotrods to finish off their winter mods and prepare for the new season. I'm also thinking I need to write some courtesy tips for kijiji junkies. After a winter of replying to guys that are trying to get something for nothing I get very frusterated. So here goes in point form:

1- If you don't have any money for the item you want, please don't bother me

2- One word reply's such as "100" when the item is listed for $150 are just plain rude, Making low ball offers is fine but at least be polite.

3- Do you really think I want to trade a good pair of racing mufflers for your autographed UFC cap?

4- If my price for an item is very low and i've given a big explanation of the item please don't ask me to go take more pictures. Especially if you don't have any money anyways.

5- Please read the whole ad before replying. My explanation will probably answer most of your questions.

6- If i've listed all the offers that i've allready had for an item please don't reply to offer me the same amount.

7- If you really want my attention and want me to take you seriously, phone me, I'm a person, I'm usually friendly and I love chit - chatting with car guys!

8- please don't tell me how dumb I am for putting a chevy motor in a mustang, I've allready got that memo

9- If you think my prices are too high be polite and make a fair offer, i might go for it, just don't call me a jerk and leave a false return email adress

10- MOST IMPORTANTLY -- If you say you are coming to look or buy at a certain time or a certain day--DO IT!!!!! Lying is Lying...... We all have to live on this planet together so lets try to treat each other the way we want to be treated!

    I've bought and sold thousands of things and I love doing it. I'm not getting rich but I try to be friendly and help my customers the best i can.  I like hearing about guys project cars and maybe offering some ideas or accepting your advice for my own projects. One thing I've noticed that we guys could work on is taking the time to ask about someone else's project. If all i did was talk about what I'm doing and how awesome it is and how great I am it really turns guys off. Listen to each other and ask questions, show a little interest. That makes everyone happy. I've also really learned how to spot if a guy is lying or doesn't know what he is talking about. If your going to tell me stories about your car make sure they are true. If you say it has trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground, or you once made it from saskatoon to regina in 45 minutes, I'll subconsciously relegate you to BS-er status in my brain and never beleive a word you say ever again. Thats all i can think of for today.
brian aka prairiehotrodder

PS- I'd also like to give a little dig for the saskmustang.com forum. If you are from saskatchewan and like mustangs get over there, sign up and make some friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is what readers have to say: