Feb 8, 2018

Commitment anyone?

   I've been writing this blog for a few years now and every once in awhile someone reads it and leaves a comment. In this world full of opinions and different points of view this is just another one to add to the mix. Does it matter ? Does it effect anyone ? Who cares ? I don't know. Does my writing just sound like a bunch of personal ranting ? Does it seem generally negative ? Aren't Christians supposed to be joyful ? I want to be truthful and say that I find it difficult most days to be joyful. I try to be thankful for what God has blessed me with but joy is tough for me. I miss the good old days. If there is such a thing.
   As a Christian I try and share my faith and be obedient to God's calling in my life. I also believe that faith and action should go together. I'm also a car guy. A hot rodder and drag racer. God has given me a circle of influence and gifts to share. I also like to pray. God has answered so many of my prayers and I could go on for hours but there is a bunch of prayers he hasn't answered as far as I can tell. Those are my prayers for people. Praying for people is different. I see people all over that seem locked in a self destruct pattern. I so badly want to help them in some way but I have no idea how. They don't listen, they waste whatever help is given. They are just stuck. I think commitment is a big problem. They commit to the wrong things and don't commit to the right things. An easy example is marriage. I ask a guy who is carrying a child, "are you married"? He says "well basically I am". The truth is you are either married or you aren't. Did you go to a preacher and make promises and sign your name?
   Commit to a church. I see people all over who drift from church to church to see what benefits they receive. Do they have good food? Good singing? Will the pastor look after me? They use up the pastors time with counseling self inflicted problems then they reject the solutions he gives. If he doesn't tell them what they want to hear, they will just go to the church down the road.
   Commit to a project. Since this is a blog for car guys I couldn't leave this out. Switching from one project to another without finishing anything happens all the time in this hobby. Its the biggest waste of time and money imaginable. I try and coach young guys but few listen. They are locked in cycle of bad decisions. Many times guys tell me about their project and I just keep my mouth shut because I know they have no clue what they are talking about or they are just flat out lying to me. I really liked a line that Luke Skywalker said in the newest Star Wars episode. " Everything you just said, is wrong". I could be saying this all the time.
   After all this whining I must say that its not all bad. There are people who make it all worthwhile. There are friends who care and who stick by you. Who commit to something good and see it happen. Who listen , learn and put into practice. I also have to believe that my prayers for people are being heard by God. How does a sovereign God change people whom he has given a free will? God is way more patient than me. He also know what it takes to change people and he is willing to do it, or let the devil do it. That's a scary thought actually. I better wrap this up before I raise unanswerable questions! I'll close with a verse that's been on my heart for over a year. Jer 33:3 Call to me, and I will answer you and tell you great and mighty things that you do not know.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is what readers have to say: