Sep 17, 2011

Finally!!

Here I am, its september 17 and my car is all loaded on the trailer with new slicks, 210 hp nitrous jets and a barrel of race gas ready to race! God willing I will skip church tomorrow and make it in to SIR for the afternoon street legal drags. I've been really looking forward to making a few passes and my brother-in-law is bringing  his 11 second 99 mustang as well. Its a very sweet ride and sports a 2V 4.6 based stroker with an aluminum block, patriot heads and a kenne bell blower. Alot of it was put together in my shop and I really enjoy working on it together with Ryan.  My other bro-in-law Trevor is putting together a nice 72 dodge shortbox with a healthy 360 that should break into the 13's and be very fun to drive. I really miss the days when a bunch of friends did the hobby together including working on, racing and going to car shows together. Its been a brutal summer for me but things are looking up. Since I injured my ankle I kept working and it isn't healing very good. Any wrong step and I get a shot of pain. Now my summer work is winding down and i hope to take a break before i start into any major project cars. Hopefully I will post my times on sunday or monday. See ya at the track!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Sounds like its gonna be a blast. Wished my car was ready. I did catch an unexpected race today....I had just finished a pile of work on it and was leaving the car wash. I took it out to the highway to dry it off And was met buy one of the locals that ran 12.5
    we raced from a role, as I just have skinny,garbage street tires..He put 8 lengths on me while I spun all the way through 1st and 2nd and into 3rd. I hooked up,..caught him and passed him. Wow, does this car moove. I'm stoked.This things gotta be a high 11 second car.
    Sorry for high jacking your post and rambiling on...go get e'm TAYLOR.

    ReplyDelete

This is what readers have to say: