Jul 15, 2011

upcoming track day ( i hope!)

I just wanted to let all my readers know that on july 23 i hope to make it to SIR for the points race. I'd like to meet anyone who reads this blog ( its possible that someone does!) I'll be racing my malibu and i hope to at least get a few test runs in before i get eliminated from the bracket race. Hopefully the weather is ok and lots of spectators come out. I've had a busy summer and haven't posted anything for a long time but lots has happened. I made it to PA for the canadian tire car show which is one of my favorites and last night A&W in melfort had a fun little car show. All the local street racers came out and we had a real fun evening! There hasn't been any progress on my mustang project car but i have lined up a few used parts that i hope to pick up when i go to saskatoon. I found some V8 coil springs for it which i will need to hold the big block and also a stock V8 tachometer for the cluster because it still has the 4 cylinder tach. It works but it's not fun to always divide by two to get the proper rpm reading! Oh also i found a real nice .020 over 454 shortblock that I will use in the mustang. Now all in need to find is some heads. Please comment and encourage me not to get lazy and buy some exspensive aluminum heads - this is supposed to be a budget junkyard screamer!
Anyways, hope to see ya at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is what readers have to say: